Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Streamlining

So, all the stuff I'm being getting myself into seem to getting the best of me again. Getting pretty overwhelmed. So I'll just list out the things I'm doing to de-clutter my brain.

So of course with my research, it is on going but it is progressing fairly well now. Hope I get approval for ACAM6 conference in December and maybe the SUT technical evening in October. Then there's the whole tutoring thing, I'm doing about 16 hours a week this semester which is about the same as I did last semester and it can be pretty much at times. I find it very hard to concentrate again after I had  done a tutorial. Need to go for a walk, take a breather.

Then there is the whole fitness and gym thing. So I still want to do 12 km runs every Sunday and go to gym 3-5 times a week. There's just so many classes to do and they are all important so I'm trying to fit it all in a week. There's Body Pump, Combat, Attack and Balance. So need to balance out all these.

Then there's the reading and writing. I am attempting to read about a book a week, and this has been a bit hit and miss and some times I am just not in the mood. And then with the writing, it is pretty non existent lately. I just need to sit down and start writing then it will flow. But I don't know...it is very difficult, even mentally anguishing to get myself to sit down to write. But when I do, I always feel better. I do not know what it is. Maybe the fear of writing, of it being not perfect. Well, I need to get the mistakes out of my system anyways. So just need to keep writing.

And then there's learning Swedish. I start classes in October and have been listening to Swedish audio tapes. And learning and also reading a Swedish dictionary and some lesson books. Going pretty slow at the moment because I cannot find the time to do it. I think all hell will break lose when I actually start classes in October.

And Lydia's wedding is end of September and I'm going to Malaysia for a week. That's a good breather for me. Why am I doing so many things at once? I think I'll not get anywhere very quickly with so many things to do.

Oh yeah, and I forgot. I'm still playing the guitar. And learning songs. And piano? Not even touched it in months...I think I need to prioritize what is important and sort my life out.

Also I have thought of doing volunteer work on weekends. Hmmm, maybe this should be priority, puts my life in perspective better. Will see how it goes. Life seems hectic now. All of my own making...

No comments:

Post a Comment