Monday, August 30, 2010

City to Surf 2010!!!


So yesterday was city to surf for Perth and I did the 12 km Channel Nine run. It was more difficult than I anticipated because there were more hilly bits than I anticipated!!! But overall it was awesomely fun. And I ran a bit faster at the start than I wanted. There were so many people to take on, so I'm like 'I want to be faster than that granny' or 'I want to be faster than that little kid'. In the end get outran by some of them in the end because I just could not run all the way, had to get back to walking speed few times. Also it was very difficult to see how far there was left so at a certain stage I was walking again and I'm like why is everyone running. Then I saw in the distance the black ending line structure, then I was like 'Oh shit!' and went for mad dash to the finish. Out of the way all you people, I'm coming through because I've been conserving too much energy!!! Bloody hell...Well, next year I will know the route better, and probably good idea to do a trial run a week or two before. But really, I think it's very possible to be under an hour, I will train harder. Will start running again week after.

Oh yeah, and the medal is a tiny piece of shit, next year i want to do half marathon if just for the larger cooler medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment