Sunday, August 8, 2010

12 km Attempt 4

This time did it in 1 hour 9 minutes! And it took quite an effort. Maybe I started too hard. And found hard to keep momentum. But really, last week I was jogging too slowly. This week I did intervals of jogging faster and walking for several seconds. And lo behold, it was faster. If I could jog all the way! But that is very hard right now. I think I need to hit the gym and do 5 minute sprints every few days, to build up the strength for the bursts more. Still want that 1 hour mark. Less than 2 weeks to city to surf, I need to sign up next week. Hopefully I can go good on the way, I wanted to give up so many times today, but just had to tell my brain to shut up and keep on going.

Also probably had to do with the music, last week I had John Mayer's Battle Studies and Train's Save Me California. This week I started running with The Hives then Oasis, so maybe that sort of pushed me a bit. I will try with Train and Oasis next week, see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment