Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cooking, Eating & Awesome Jammies

So this week I tried to make vegetarian pasta and also parsley soup. So these are how it turned out. The vegetarian pasta was super yuck! And after eating it twice I just cooked riced and fried an egg and some salami. The bit on the top was what was left of the vegetarian 'sauce'. It was cauliflower, almonds, and some other greens, and red wine reduction. Ok, maybe it was perhaps due to me just subbing too many ingredients like I replaced dry white wine with red wine, and pine nuts with almonds. Ahahaha. So self induced yuckness! Geez I think I'll just eat green a bit more raw next time.

The parsley soup was great but it 2 freaking hours to make! Well, firstly because I did not read that you could use ready made vegetable or chicken stock, and I made my vegetable stock from scratch. Which is a whole lot of tedious work. But in the end the soup was good, surprisingly. I don't think I've made anything decent, and this is the most decent. Though I don't think it's all that healthy though, there's potatoes and single cream. So it is kind of fattening I think. Need to keep more greens in so I think I need to look for clear soup recipes. This was my dinner because I want to live like a monk.

And lastly my sister got me awesome jammies. They are super comfortable which makes me super lazy, so I only wear them before I sleep and on Sundays. Because I'm lazy on Sundays. And I think I've lost some more weight. So yay, shed off all that excess fat for City to Surf. So want to come in around 60 minutes for that. Running again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. why no pic of your new jammies? :p cis.. when we girls are co,planing we cant lose weight n here u came with the losing weight. jealous max. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. no pic of jammies cos it's embarrassing??

    er, cos i eat horrible food. that consist largely of greens. horrible not because it's green. cos my food sucks big time. I don't know why i bother cooking, tastes better raw. but i can't eat too much uncooked food. not very satisfying either. so let's hope my cooking gets quicker and tastes better...

    ReplyDelete