Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mid Year Resolution

And again I am late with my mid year resolutions. And in the first place you're thinking why would I have mid year resolutions. Obviously it's because I can see no way of achieving the resolutions I have set out at the start of the year. So yeah, need some redefinition of what my victories are.

Ok, well. With uni stuff it's pretty much on track. Just need to keep at it and things should be fine. And I'll probably cut back on tutoring a bit to make more time for my research, good and proper.

Well, the other thing is of course with the writing. I'm obviously very good at writing nonsense here. But doodidooda has been in neglect for the past 2 months or so. I am not reading as many books as I like, no shortage of buying them though. Well, need to keep up the pace. So many nice books to read.

And also with the writing. Have not been doing that much at all! Perhaps my timeline is just so way off. I have not the discipline and tenacity to write even short stories, takes me the most extreme effort to write even one. And in the end did not turn out quite as I like it. So going to concentrate purely on flash fiction for now. I no longer care if the ideas are corny, plot weak, or dialogue bad. Don't even care if my English sucks. Whatever. I just vow to write a whole bunch of flash from now on. And just put them all up. Anyways, not even concerned with publishing on magazines or anything. I just need to be happy writing right now and not think of success or failure. In the first place, I'm not looking to be a success or anything. That should not be that important. What is important is that writing is exploratory of my thoughts and stretching my abilities. That is all I'm looking for now.

Okay, so there's the new resolutions. Prepare to see them go up in flames in a month. Ever the optimist I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment