Sunday, July 18, 2010

14 km attempt 1

Actually it was supposed to be 12km. I got lost. I made a circle back and asked for directions. Atually I was on the right track, and I just did not make a turn somewhere and ended up going in a circle. Well, I jogged some and walked most of it. So it actually took me 2 hours and 20 minutes. But knowing the route now hopefully next week I can go much faster. Also I brought 2 litres of water just in my bag just in case, so that slowed me down a bit. But I found there was a water fountain halfway along, so I can just bring 1 water bottle and not bring a bag next time.

So in the last few hundred metres of walking felt a touch of cramp, better drink more electrolytes or something. And had a cold shower after, apparently it helps with muscle recovery. I read that on the interweb, so it must be true. Anyways, doing it again next week. I will survive...

No comments:

Post a Comment