Friday, September 10, 2010

this week in food

Well, this week was very liquidish, and next week's probably the same because I only cooked half the things I planned to cook.

The first one is tomato and spinach soup. This was great, even though it looked all green and stuff, but that's due to the spinach. Well, it tasted wonderfully refreshing and you didn't get sick of it because there's no cream in it, lots of herbs.


Ok, second one is butternut squash and cumin soup with herb dressing. This tasted good too but you get sick of it if you have too much, because there is cream in it. But I'd totally make these two soups again.

And the last one is a sort of dessert, honey and orange rice pudding. Warning, do not make this! It is fucking disgusting. I hate you Brian Turner, your recipe sucks ass. I feel like puking now, having just made it just now. And I can follow instructions, I made it exactly as you said. The amount of double cream and milk you use is sickening, and the honey just compounds the nausea. Fuck you. I will never make this again. How funny it is that it looks the best of the three but it tastes so awesomely bad, I cannot even describe it properly. Do not make it, I did not even finish this thing. It is going down the drain.





2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Chill! Haha! Funny hw u curse d creator of d dessert. Uhm, r u into healthy desserts nw? Or it doesn't necessarily have to be super healthy n low in fat or carbs or wutsoever. U can always improvise, u knw? Well, uhm, try getting Nigella Lawson's recipes. I like her. :) Neways, ur soups look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess in moderation. Main thing for me is to have as little processing in the food as possible. Like no low fat milk or things like that. I'd go full cream.

    Healthy for me is having lots of vitamins and minerals, and moderate amounts of carbs and fat is alright. As long as it tastes okay. But certainly no more huge pieces of protein for each meal, maybe once or twice a week will do.

    ReplyDelete