Sunday, October 2, 2011

Time For A Change

I really have not blogged here in a long time!! I have been very occupied with lots of things. But that really is no excuse for no blogging, I have still have plenty of time for doing pointless things. So here I am blogging.
I really need to get my life together, I'm already 25 years old and I still have no idea what I am doing. So here's what I'm planning to do, I will try to wake up at 4 am tomorrow and work from 4 am to about 11 am. I think that would be about what a full days of work is.

The reason for the weird times is because I really am struggling to do any useful work in the afternoon. Given that I am allowed to be flexible with my working hours, I don't see why I shouldn't try this. Also, I get so sleepy and useless in the afternoons. So when my mind is nice and quiet, perhaps I'd be more productive. Anyways, I'll give this method a try for a week or two and see how it goes.

I must say though, I am now already struggling with it because my sleeping cycle is still not used to it. It's 10.30 pm now and I still can't get to sleep. I need to wake up at to be in time to start work at 4am. So, that's pretty about 5 hours or so sleep now left. But I think I just need to be mentally strong, to make this change to my routine.

Another thing, I think I'm going to start drinking coffee again. I have not been drinking coffee since entered university till now actually. That's about 7 years!!! Last I was a heavy coffee drinker was in high school. All through university, I pretty much did not drink any coffee to keep awake or anything. But now in my PhD. I am really struggling, so I guess I really need the stuff. I feel so tired and lethargic every day. Perhaps coffee will help. Was always mindful of drinking coffee. I was of the mind that my will-power will be enough for me to perform. But no, I can't do it. I need coffee's help I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment